My journey from the US to the UK began a few days ago. I got a ride to Portland, Maine. Then I boarded a Concord Coach bus there for Boston Logan Airport. Then I flew Delta/Virgin Atlantic Airlines to London Heathrow Airport. Upon leaving the airport I made it to a hotel on Gracechurch Street, where I stayed for a couple of nights. Now I am residing on the top floor of my Air BnB host’s beautiful home in Alton, UK. I stayed in London for a couple of days in the hope of making sure that any flight delays would not cut into my trip to Alton. While in London I did a lot of walking and bus riding so that I would not sleep all day and then be up all night. I managed to quickly get myself acclimated to UK time, which surprised me.
Below I post some pics to give you a visual idea of where I have been the last few days and how I got there.
- On the bus to Boston I enjoyed my spatial seat. On the plane to London (with noise cancellation headphones and eye mask) I tried to sleep but didn’t. I did see this gorgeous view from the plane.
2. Once in London, Adam and I hopped in a car (thanks, Uber) and made it to the Club Quarters hotel.
3. Then we walked around a lot and rode mass transit for two days.
4. Then we headed back to the airport to pick up a rental car (driving in the UK? what a great idea? how hard can it be?).
5. And here’s my current room at Sarah’s house. Sarah is one of the nicest people I have met anywhere! The room is superb. The picture at bottom right shows how bright it is here at 10 p.m. (US time).
In a couple of weeks we leave Alton for Winchester. Then it’s on to the Chawton House Library Stables. I’ll post pics of those places in due time.
Leave a Reply